Sunday, January 17, 2010

Necessity is the mother of two-tone

Another pair of sleeping booties - this time using bits of long ago leftover Lion Brand Wool-Ease.

As I approached the cuff of the first one I began to fear I wouldn't have enough of the darker (Rose Heather-140) for a full pair, so I stopped and started from the other end on slipper #2.

Sure enough I ran out before getting as far along as the first one. So I tinked back slipper #1 to make them even and grabbed a bit of the lighter (Blush Heather-104) and continued them both up through the turn-down cuff.

These were knit with size 4 dpns with a 84-st cast on and fit snuggly. The nice thing about a snug fit is that the sole really molds to the foot.

Got to love knitting!

1 comment:

Mary said...

You're a one-person slipper making machine! Those are cute ones!