Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blackberry Bramble

Pattern: "Teal Forest" by Lijuan Jing for Jojoland
9" x 60"
Yarn: Jojoland Melody fingering weight superwash
220 yds/50 g - color MS20
Needles: size 4 KnitPicks Options circular
This was a project that started off great. I saw a shop sample done in the lovely forest green colorway shown on the pattern front and just loved it. Things went downhill shortly afterwards when I got ready to add in the second ball and couldn't locate it anywhere. The LYS still had a ball in the same dye lot so I was able to complete it.
Verdict: I'll probably not be knitting this pattern again. I'm not sure I did the p2tog tbl stitch properly. I did the best I could and figured if I did it consistently it would still be a pattern even if not exactly the pattern. Yarn has a nice feel and I enjoyed knitting with it - when I could find it!
A bit ironic that I ended up going with yet another Jojoland colorful yarn right on the heels of the overly colorful Harmony shawl.

No comments: