Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The RED shawl


Pattern: Estonian Triangular Summer Shawl
by Nancy Bush
"Piecework" magazine Jul/Aug 2008; preview from Nancy's new book

Yarn: Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb
color NY225 blood red - about 1/2 ball?

Needles: Size 4 bamboo circular

I've already said that I love it. I debut it tonight at Christmas concert. I didn't start it with the intention of wearing for Christmas but am very happy to do so. : ) I love it in the RED and would never have considered it if not for seeing FloridaMo's gorgeous one.
The pattern was great; just perfect; perfectly Nancy Bush. I had to let it marinate a bit before getting up the nerve to sew on the separately-knit edging, and I had to have two goes at it before I got it done, but now I feel more comfortable about edgings in general. I'd like to try a knitted on one next.
Have you avoided nupps? Don't. They are just wonderful!

2 comments:

Mary said...

The shawl is even more gorgeous than I imagined it to be! Enjoy!

Sheri said...

Wow. Beautiful!