Friday, October 3, 2008

Heartland Lace

Pattern: Heartland Lace Shawl (free pattern/pdf)
by (my hero) Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Socks That Rock - Laci
colorway: Red Clover Honey
the leftovers from Mary's North Sea Shawl
Needles: Size 4 KnitPicks Options circular
I wanted to get a better picture, but this seems the best I can come up with at this time. I did one extra 20-row repeat of the Bison Tracks chart, making it a very nice size; big enough to be a shawl, but soft enough to still wrap around as a scarf.
The yarn is just heavenly. It's heavenly to work with and it's heavenly to wear. The color is so yummy - such a rich, warm, buttery color and absolutely perfect for this wonderful fall weather we are having.
Heartland made it's debut last night at The Atlanta Opera's Madama Butterfly. This was my first opera as well and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Mary said...

The shawl is stunning! It looks like a beautiful autumn leaf.

Sheri said...

Well, you have been busy. That is beautiful!!! I love the color. And it got to go to the opera? Wow.

I have several Evelyn Clark patterns that I'm anxious to get going on but this Anniversary Pi Shawl is taking forever. I'm starting to think I need to just do the edging and get on with it. It's a round one, so not sure what I'd wear it with/for/to anyway.

Just love looking at all your gorgeous knits. Keep 'em coming.

Sheri in (SE) GA
PS I'll be up in your neck of the woods next week. Going to spend a week with my friend and my Baby Boy. Keep the cool weather coming.