Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Pattern: Anniversary Socks by Nancy Bush
Sep/Oct 2003 "Piecework" magazine
or "Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs by Interweave Press"
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
color Harvest - 8NS
a gift from knit night pal, Claire
Needles: Size 1 (2.25 mm) Clover 5" bamboo dpns (the shorties)
Nothing to say that I haven't already said. LOVE the pattern, LOVE the fit, LOVE the feel.
I love how the back half is stockinette with just the mini-cable and rib cuff.
I LOVE the yarn. It's LACE in a sock!
In the pattern Nancy called this a French toe from "Weldon's Practical Needlework", Volume 1. It is a really quick toe to knit and fits and feels better than I imagined. I'm smitten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These stockings are treasures. They look like they would be such fun to knit.