Saturday, December 27, 2008

Leisure


noun: freedom provided by the cessation of activities; especially time free from work or duties.

It's been a very quiet, peaceful, relaxing Christmas and in large part, I think, because I have had more time off work this Christmas than I have had since high school. [and don't blab it around but that was a LONG time ago!]

The Leave It To Beaver socks are not the best looking ones I've ever knit, but just as I expected, the Lion Brand Sock-Ease is warm and wearable.

Pattern: Gentleman's Fancy Sock by Nancy Bush in "Knitting Vintage Socks"
Needles: Size 2 Inox dpns; just about my favorites
Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease (w/ aloe) color Rock Candy; less than one 438 yard ball

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You look all warm and snuggley (well, your feet do)in your new socks. I'm about to start my 2009 pair. About once a year is all I can stand.
Sheri

Mary said...

From here, they look very handsome!