Sunday, March 16, 2008

Irish Berries Pin Pillow



Happy St. Patrick's Day!


There is very little green on this embroidered pinpillow, but the name of the design is Irish Berries. [Actually the full name is Irish Berries Bridge Box*, but I chose not to insert the stitched piece into a mahogany box.]


A few years ago I decided I had quite enough embroidery patterns, whether singly or in various needlework magazines and that, whenever I could, I would use them whenever I needed a design for stitching. I think the idea was floating around blogs I was reading at the time to "use what you have" and it made lots of sense to me.


Whether it is knitting books and magazines or designs for other techniques, I'm sure you sometimes feel like me that more comes IN that you love and long to do than you have TIME to do. There will always be new, enticing designs, but I am trying to go back through the resources on hand and pick out things that appealed to me at the time.


It's just as satisfying and $aves $tring money, too!


*design by Kandace Thomas; Dec. 1997 BH&G Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Gorgeous! And what is that pretty piece of lace behind it?