Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm sorry, Evelyn


You can't tell much from this tiny picture, but don't worry, you aren't missing much. I think I should aplogize to Evelyn Clark. The pattern, Angel Lace Shawl (#S-2018) is absolutely lovely.
.
I ordered immediately after seeing this lovely one at Shut Up & Knit's blog.
.
And what drew me to it first is the almost 3-D effect of the pattern. Sadly, I'm afraid, all this will be lost in this particular yarn's colors. All obscured.
.
I think the eye sees color first over pattern. Do you? I also think that non-knitters, especially, will see color first instead of pattern. People that are not repeating-patterns obsessed like me may not even notice it has a pattern. And that's a shame, because Evelyn has a beautiful design here.
.
But I am going to go ahead and finish it. Who knows? Maybe it will surprise me in the blocking. And even if the pattern is obscured by the colors, the colors are really deep, saturated, and wonderful. And it will be just as warm and soft.
.
In the meantime, I'm really keeping my eyes peeled for some lovely yarn. I'd like a fingering weight. Something kinda like this!

No comments: