Sunday, November 18, 2007

Snowflakes in November?

Not real ones! Less than a week before Thanksgiving and it is quite warm - in the 70s from now through Turkey day.
These snowflakes are tatted and are on my contribution to the Woodstock library's Festival of Wreaths. Each year individuals and groups (such as Lions Club, The Tribune, etc.) can create a wreath for display during November and December. I've been contributing since it started, about eight years or so.

I generally decide what I'm going to do and then do all the handwork in the summer and get that well out of the way. Wreaths are hung over Thanksgiving break. You know how fast the holidays arrive. If I waited, it would be a burden to get it all done. Summer always seems like the perfect, slow time to casually and gradually make the ornaments.

This year I decided on tatted snowflakes and had fun leafing through pattern books and magazines to find patterns - some of which were more 'snowflake-ish' than others.

Last year was the first time I did anything knitted. I knitted angels from "Angels - A Knitter's Dozen" by Gerdine Strong. What fun they were to create!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful! I like how they vary in size and design--just like real snowflakes!

Sheri said...

Wow! You are very talented! Love the snowflakes but the angels are beautiful too. I collect snowmen that have Let it Snow on them somewhere. Maybe I should make some little snowmen for a wreath. Too cute.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sheri in (SE) GA