Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stalled Shawl



Well, Fun Fur caused me problems.


Last evening when I picked my leaf lace shawl back up, I noticed a fair amount of pain in my left hand, particularly in my middle finger. It persisted throughout the night, so I'm having to put my knitting and handwork aside for a couple of days.


This is particularly frustrating as the leaf lace shawl is so close to being done. I'm not a great judge of yarn, but I decided to try for one more repeat and then the edging.


I'm still enthralled with this leaf lace pattern. It's one from Evelyn A. Clark's book "Knitting Lace Triangles". That links leads you to her new website.


Is it too geeky that I've already used the e-mail feature to send her fan mail? I just love everything she designs!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I hope your finger feels better soon. Your shawl is beautiful. I'm working on the Flower Basket Shawl in a worsted weight yarn. I don't think I'll have enough to do the edging but it's looking good.
Nope, not geeky at all. I think it's great that you're sending fan e-mail, I'm never brave enough to do it. YOU GO GIRL!
Sheri in GA