Saturday, December 1, 2007

Not all the bags are under my eyes


I came home from work yesterday itching for a little textile therapy so I pulled out some Christmas fabric to make a bag. (I tend to make a lot of bags!) This one may serve as a Christmas gift bag or I may just end up using it to hold my Peony cable scarf while it's a WIP.

Not my most favorite bag, but it served its purpose last evening.

While the Christmas fabric was out, I also made a holiday pillowcase. I've made lots of these over the years. Usually in holiday "Snoopy" fabrics to mail off to college. I'm pretty sure all the holidays have been covered. This fabric has mellowed in the stash for a few years. I like the little angel choristers. [click on picture to see them more clearly.]

The purple bag was made using the pattern for a bridal purse in "A Gathering of Lace". Obviously this one is not intended for a bride as it is made in basic Coats Knit-Cro-Sheen crochet cotton in a dusky purple. It may be for the lace group's holiday gift exchange.

This was a nice little knit. I'm not overly fond of it in this crochet cotton, but the pattern is very nice.

No comments: