Monday, July 14, 2008

Mother Gooseberry Caps

.
75% extra fine merino/20% silk/5% cashmere
127 yds/50 gr - 1 ball for both caps and bit leftover
shade 0004 - Gooseberry
.
Needles: L-size 5 dpns R-size 4 dpns
.
.
An invitation to a double baby shower arrived necessitating a trip to the Babies R Us jungle, I mean store. Registry lists were consulted and gifts were purchased, but why not use the excuse to knit up some sweet little caps?
.
This was my first time to try any of the Sublime yarns and I was not disappointed. I liked this yarn and I loved the soft color. I was quite tickled that the shade was named Gooseberry.
.
I thought I remembered hearing something on the radio recently about Chinese Gooseberries.
Sure enough that is the real name for the kiwi! It seems that New Zealand claimed it and renamed it something they considered more marketable.
.
And you thought you wouldn't learn anything here!
.
*Susan's lovely pattern had a wonderful spiral of eyelets leading down and around from the top star and involved only moving the beginning of round marker one stitch. Apparently this was WAY too much for my gooseberry brain and I lost a stitch the first round. 'eh, who cares' I thought and went with plain stockinette. The recipient will never know!

No comments: