Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Confection


c: a work of fine or elaborate craftsmanship

This is the third definition given by the Merriam-Webster online dictionary and it could not better define this sock pattern. Ah, Evelyn Clark, how I love thee. All this time I had been thinking that Evelyn Clark designs the most wonderful shawl patterns. But then I decide to try this sock pattern by her and it is every bit as wonderful and fun as any Swallowtail or Flower Basket. It is a delightful confection.
.
This is the Scalloped Edging and two repeats in of the Waving Lace pattern -Waving Lace sock pattern from the Spring 2004 Interweave Knits or the Favorite Socks book.
.
I'm using some cream Regia Silk that I had first thought to use for either the Latvian Socks (picot edge) or another Nancy Bush pattern. But I've been looking at this pattern for a long time now and it was time to try. Boy! Am I ever glad I did! It is so soft and so yummy. Will I be able to part with these as I plan?

No comments: