Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Feet


I'm not much of a shopper and for most of my Christmas purchases I have "let my fingers do the walking". I am, however, really having fun wearing my new holiday Chucks.
So far I've resisted adding jingle bells like I always used to do in high school (since I'm all so much more mature, you know).
This pair of socks I finished back in the summer especially for my holiday shoes.
Pattern: Roza's Socks by Grumperina
Interweave KNITS, Spring 2007
Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Wool, color #4108 vine green, 2 balls
46% bamboo, 43% wool, 11% nylon
Needles: Size 1 bamboo dpns
This sock is knit with only 60 stitches. On size 1 needles as written, I was a bit afraid at first reading that it wouldn't fit my 'sturdy' legs, but reading the Haphazard Knitter's account and seeing - or rather shamelessly copying - hers made me decide to give it a try. Like she said, the brioche stitch rib makes a very stretchy and comfortable sock.
The two-row pattern makes this sock a perfect travel project, too. I think I might one day try it again in a yarn without the bamboo content.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my! They are adorable. The Baby Girl called from school a few weeks ago and asked if I'd find her Chucks and send them to her. I had no clue that's what she was referring to and we had a good laugh over it. I always called them basketball sneakers and I never wore them in high school. Hmmm, how odd that you both mentioned them within a few weeks - and now I know what you're talking about. Cute Chucks, cute socks.
Happy Knitting.
Sheri

Mary said...

Look at you in your festive sneakers and pretty socks! Yes, you must add the jingle bells.