Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Leave It To Beaver Socks

Wasn't it only last week when I was adamant about finishing the Anniver-
sary Socks so I would have no other WIPs and could knit my RED shawl with my full attention?

Gee. Where is that knitter? A little head cold and I cast on for the pajama bear and then the very next day.....the very next day!...I cast on for another pair of socks.

There is method to the madness. (I think.) Neither the Estonian shawl nor the pajama bear would be suitable for knitting while standing in line to vote. And from the look of today's headline, I'm going to need a project!

Way back the Yarn Harlot talked about some Lion Brand Sock-Ease so I kept my eyes peeled for it to appear at the big box. When I did find it, they only had three colors; a hot pink, an eye-searing yellow, and the one I chose - Rock Candy. It didn't really look like any candy I ever buy but at $6.94 for a pair of socks, I couldn't pass it up.

So I cast on today to get it ready and, instead of being reminded of any candy, I immediately thought of those striped t-shirts boys wore in the 50s. And even though my episodes of "Leave It To Beaver" were in black and white, I just knew he must have had a shirt in these colors!










1 comment:

Sheri said...

I agree! Lets vote for the Beave for President!
Sounds like you have what's called "startitis." I've had it before, bad, but right now I'm trying to be a one knit woman.
Hope you're feeling better.
Sheri