Monday, October 27, 2008

Pajamas for all


I had been looking forward to this past weekend with visions of spending lots of time really getting into the red Estonian shawl. But it was not to be. I came down with some bug and didn't feel like doing anything, certainly not concentrating on charts and lace yarn.
Finally today, with a little energy, the urge to knit returned and I decided to cast on for a baby gift - a Baby Bear to be exact.
I made one a couple of years back. That one was a solid chocolate brown that was christened Hershey.
This time, for a baby gift, I decided to make one of the pajama-clad bears. Seemed fitting since I've been living in pajamas all weekend!
He's an ugly garter stitch mess right now (hum....we have much in common!) since he's knit at a loose gauge intended for felting. I remember how horrible Hershey looked at this stage though, so I'm not too concerned.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Sorry to hear you're sick and feeling "garter stitchy." Sure hope you're better soon.
Going to go post something.
Sheri in GA