Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another reason I love the internet


Sure I waste a lot of time browsing blogs, but I can hardly help myself when I find so many interesting posts and links.

I enjoyed this one so much I thought I'd link to it here in case you, too, would love to see and read more about the embroidery of Maderia. Such beautiful, beautiful work!

Read the wonderful post at Needled, follow the link to the museum and be sure to view all the lovely images of fine embroidery.
"The Embroidery of Maderia"by Carolyn Walker and Kathy Holman (1987: Union Square Press) is, sadly, out of print. It is a terrific book if you ever run across a copy or if your library has it.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I forgot to tell you, we found the shop in Franklin. I couldn't find a scissor fob but then we went to the one in Hiawassi and I found one in there but the prices there were really crazy! Found a quilt shop in Franklin too, so Mom and I went nuts in there; they are going out of business, so everythings 1/2 price. She said to "thank you" for enabling us, she didn't know that part of Franklin existed. They always went to K-Mart, then home. LOL
I loved it! Fun day we had.
Sheri