Friday, July 31, 2009

Socks on the go


The Birch Leaf socks are car knitting. The Tin O' Socks stays in the car and I get a round or two done each day while in line at the bank drive-thru for instance.

Today I made it to the heel flap section so they come inside. Perfect timing for the weekend. Once I get the heel flap knit, the heel turned, and the gusset picked up and decreased, they'll go back out to the car.

This is a fun pattern and I'm sure, even at a row or two every few days, that they'll be ready long before I need woolen socks. This whole Low Stress theme for the Summer of Socks is really working out for me. smile

Before I could set up this picture, I had to pick up my shopping.

Have I mentioned that I don't like to shop? This time I didn't even have to surf or even look through a catalog. I simply called the always-nice folks at Lands' End and gave them the label number off a blouse I already own and like. Friendly, Fast and Easy. And On Sale!

2 comments:

minipurl said...

Hey! I can actually understand the whole car-sock connection now that I've made a sock....and I thought I was the only one out there whop knitted a row or two while waiting at the bank drive-through. Did I mention lately how much I LOVE to knit?

Mary said...

Do you have the chart framed? What a good idea.