Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rug Hooking

Have you tried it?

I never have. It is one of those things that I would love to do at camp. Give me a week, provide the necessary supplies and equipment, and let me try it out.

It's one of those things that I think I'd like to do once. You know, get it out of my system.

Years ago when I was active in the lace club and attended the fall demonstrations at the Sandy Springs Festival, we were often placed near the rug hookers and I always enjoyed seeing their creations, both finished and in progress. I try to not pass up an exhibit if I see one in the area.

For some time I've enjoyed seeing the ones at Kinship in Color. Today I saw some wonderful hooked purses at Fish Eye Rugs. I love how she showed the magazine ad for a mirror that was her inspiration.

What inspires you?

No comments: