Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacation Knitting


We've been on vacation - not too long, and not too far away.

We were in the Smokies where we honeymooned a little over 34 years ago.

I love trees and I love the mountains. It has been a few years since we were up that way and it was nice to go back.
And, as a bonus, it was indeed cooler.






It rained a bit but not enough to dampen our spirits.

I did manage some progress on the True Blue Madli shawl in between long bouts of duck watching. Duck watching I found to be extremely relaxing.

The ducks weren't terribly interested in my progress. I guess they had other things on their mind.

I did visit a couple of yarn shops. I'll tell you more about them later.

I'm still in vacation mode and think I'll add a few more rows to the shawl. My mind is already thinking ahead to a different project.

2 comments:

minipurl said...

The Smokies have to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. So glad you got to go and relax :)

Mary said...

Looks like it was a good vacation!