Thursday, August 6, 2009

Brooklyn Birch Leaf Socks

Pattern: Birch Leaf Socks
by Nancy Bush in "A Gathering of Lace"

Yarn: Brooklyn Handspun Signature
4 ply merino superwash sock yarn
480 yds/113 grs - color Moss Man

Needles: size 1 and size 0 dpns

Whew! Just in time! The 5-day forecast is just peppered with these threatening red-hot thermometers! I think I can safely fold these and put them away for a few months!

This is a lovely pattern that I enjoyed all the way through. It is perfect for a chart-loving knitter. The yarn was a real treat as well. It is one of those tightly-spun fancy sock yarns and I could easily get spoiled.

I even have a good bit left as the handy tin will attest.

Now I think I'll take that magnetic ruler and use it to hold up the chart for the Madli blue shawl and get back to work on it.

INSIDE, of course, with the a/c on!

No comments: