Friday, August 14, 2009

One & Other

Forget 15 minutes of fame. What about a whole hour?!

Surely, if I've heard about it, you've heard about it. I'm talking about One & Other; Anthony Gormley's 4th plinth live art project at Trafalgar Square in London.

I just checked in on this one - a swing dancer. [Slide over to about 29.10 minutes to see them dance the Charleston ala "It's A Wonderful Life".]

Much more lively I thought than tossing paper airplanes aloft.

Personally I find the website a bit hard to navigate, but perhaps that is just me*. Besides I don't want to spend too much time over there. Still an interesting project. However, an hour could be an awfully LONG time. What would you do??

Lots of pictures on Flickr - search 'plinth'

*ETA: I've gotten a bit better at navigating and have found a spinner
and a knitter promoting a fundraising knitting project for the humanitarian medical aid organisation Medecins Sans Frontieres

2 comments:

minipurl said...

That's easy. I would knit!

Mary said...

I just clicked on it and there's a guy knitting! Is that live now or was it taped?