Thursday, September 1, 2011

Haapsalu Shawl Day

Pattern: used motif Sofia from The Haapsalu Shawl book
Yarn: Wooly West Nordic Lites; color White Nights, 475 yd/100 gr.; 2 skeins
Needles: size 6; KnitPicks Options

Do you remember last year when I linked to the video of the ladies dancing with their wonderful Estonian shawls? I haven't been able to find a video of this year's dance, although it seems there was a dance this year. [If you find a video, please let me know.]

I did find this wonderful post with lots of great pictures. At the end of that post is a link to a black and white film made in 1937 showing Estonian knitters and fast-moving, busy fingers.
If you have 6+ minutes, you might want to watch. It's a treasure.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I can't knit lace. I can't dance. But I love this shawl!

Mary said...

Don't you dance with your shawl? That old video was wonderful!