Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summer Fries

Pattern: Summer Flies
a free pattern by Donna Griffin

Yarn: Sundara Sock in color Delphinium
100% (really yummy) merino - 350 yds.

Needles: Size 6 KnitPicks Options

This semi-circular shawl (or shawlette in my case since I used a fingering weight yarn instead of the worsted called for in the pattern) was nice to knit even though there are only written directions and you know I am a chart lover at heart. The yarn was dream to work and feels even better blocked. I know it will feel nice around the neck and I plan to wear it more as scarf than a shawlette.

Donna called her design "Summer Flies" after the way she says summer flies by. I just couldn't seem to call my FO that. In my world summer drags....on..and on....and on. Unlike others I have read who enjoy a little something on their shoulders on summer evenings or in overly cool a/c, I never seem to need anything like that. A summer shawl? I can barely tolerate earrings when it is in the 90s! Instead I went with a different verb. For me summer fries.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Pretty! I hope that the days will soon be cool enough for you to wear it.

Mimi said...

Cool weather this weekend! Love this shaw(ette)!

minipurl said...

Absolutely blue-tea-ful :)

Sheri said...

I love those little statues that your knitting wears. That is a beautiful color of your Summer Fries. Wasn't it fun to knit? I