Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Boring Socks

<-------Here is the reason why I don't like to have a stash.

I've said before, stash yarn just makes me anxious and makes me feel like I can't buy yarn. Who wants to feel like that?!

In late August I started these with an old ball of Lion Brand Magic Stripes. I had run across this on sale - and probably early on in my sock knitting history before I had seen, and fell in love with, truly yummy yarn.

I couldn't justify running out and buying yummy yarn for plain socks, so I cast on for this pair and planned to share the knitting with a friend who wants to learn to knit socks.

That plan has been postponed so I'm now just trying to crank them out and be done with this yarn. The only problem is that I deeply dislike them. The yarn is too thick, the fabric not soft enough, the plain stockinette too plain. NOTHING about these socks make me happy. And to add insult to injury, I think I may run out of yarn. Grrr.

added later: I'm sure I'm going to run out of yarn. I have a bit that I cut off in order to get the striping to match which I'll use, but I still doubt it will be enough. Is there no end to the cruelty of this sock?

1 comment:

minipurl said...

As Elvis might have said: Don't be cruel to a sock that's blue.
(He's rolling in his grave now, isn't he?)
Hee hee.