Friday, January 14, 2011

Trying hard to recreate what has yet to be created*


Things moved a little faster when I was able stay home with my string. I haven't made as much progress now that the roads are passable (barely) and I'm back at work.

The flower and leaves on the bag are complete and I am in the top portion of just that mesh. I have no idea if this stitch has a name or not. Honeycomb maybe?

I do know it has double yarnovers and at one point I dropped a stitch and maybe a couple of those yarnovers and had a really hard time getting back up. It happened on a side between a couple of the needles. It doesn't show in this picture and I am hoping, really hoping, that after it is blocked it will not be very noticeable. It isn't like I'm going to be carrying this thing over my wrist every day!

I hope over the weekend I can finish up the bag and get started on the drawstrings. They have a leaf at each side. I can hardly wait. Truly.

*know the song?

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Ooo, that's going to be so pretty. Love it.
Glad the roads are passable. By the looks of the pictures you really had a winter wonderland up there!

Yesterukes said...

Two beautiful projects. I left the house today for the first time since Sunday--still lots of ice on the road near us. But your photo makes me think of spring!

Mary said...

Such lovely work!