Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time Out

This one is going in the box for awhile.

I don't expect you can tell, but it is a bit further along than the last post; the last time I was complaining.

I don't know WHY I'm having such troubles with this one. The leaf lace is a very nice, regular pattern, but somehow I keep screwing up and I'm quite tired of making things right.

So I think (do you know I just typed 'tink'; Freudian slip, I suppose) I'm just going to close it up in this nice tin and just ignore it.

My Kool-Aid yarn is wound up and ready.

I haven't yet made it out to look for beads. Hopefully I can do that soon, even though I won't really need them soon.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying seeing some truly spectacular Knitting Olympics knits.
The Yarn Harlot's sweater is great and Lene's
mittens
are just about the most fabulous things I've ever seen.

No doubt you've seen both already. What was the most amazing knit you've seen lately?

3 comments:

minipurl said...

I started to write a comment about your lovely kool-aid yarn and fell down the rabbit hole when I investigated the Yarn Harlot's most glorious sweater, and now I am back.

I hope that little red number pops outta the box again because it is truly beautiful :)

Marguerite said...

An Aran sweater designed and knit by one of Janet Szabo's students is one of the most beautiful sweaters I've ever seen. I would buy the pattern if it was available.

Here's the link:
http://bigskyknitting.squarespace.com/blog/2010/3/5/like-having-a-child-graduate-from-college.html

Mary said...

The robin's egg blue Kool-Aid yarn will be lovely to work with as the days get longer and sunnier!