Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm a Baby Fan fan

Just as I said yesterday, I frogged that first fingerless mitt, but I didn't start the unraveling until I had the first of these almost done. I just started at the other end.

I thought having that other one there would help me judge the amount of yarn better and I wasn't sure at first if I'd have enough to get a full pair of these done. Looks like I'm going to have plenty.

The baby fan pattern is an abbreviated version of the old standby Feather and Fan (last seen in the Victorian Violet scarf). This pattern is so relaxing and easy to knit and, coupled with this mitt pattern on only 44 stitches, it's pretty quick, too!

I first saw this pattern [Ravelry link] on theraineysisters blog. Susan used a Misti Alpaca worsted which I know would feel yummy, but I wanted to see if I could make them out of the Smooshy leftover from a pair of socks. Knit on size 3 needles, the Smooshy is even more smooshy and feels great.

I love seeing all the wonderful things that the Rainey sisters knit. They both do such beautiful work and by far most of their projects are way beyond something I'd be comfortable attempting. That's what's so nice about blogs. So much inspiration.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very nice! They remind me of stalks of asparagus.