Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Jury is Out

This has been an emotional knit. First I'm unsure if I like it. Then I think I hate it. Then I fall in love with the pattern all over again and have hopes it might work out after all.

Here you see it fresh off the needles; not yet soaked or blocked. Hum... looks a bit like a badly cooked turkey. Will it turn out to be a turkey?

We shall see.

I still can't seem to judge yarnage. I completed only 6 of the 15 rows of the edging chart. Will that work? I have NO idea. I'm guessing it may mean just a less pointed edge, but I don't have enough experience to know for sure. From the yarn leftover I now think that maybe I could have gotten two more rows done but I surely didn't want to run out halfway through the bind off.

I'm pretty sure I won't be knitting any lovely handpainted yarns for awhile. : )

1 comment:

Mary said...

I look forward to seeing how lovely the shawl will be once blocked.