Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm The Decider


I still can't decide which way to go with the shawl. Frog it? Keep knitting and hope blocking works its magic?

I'm over halfway finished. I have a secret suspicion that frogged yarn is cursed. I have one ball of Araucania Atacama gorgeous handpainted alpaca that refuses to be anything. ANYthing. Whatever I try with it fails. I'm afraid that would be the fate of this yarn.

I may have to swear off handpaints all together. I dabbled a little with overdyed pearl cottons when I first started with Hardanger. The colors were so attractive; so alluring. After a couple of disappointing results, I made my shop owner promise to NEVER sell me anything but white or ecru no matter how much I begged. She was to refuse to sell them even if I came up to the counter with them. She's done her part and I'm much happier now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Can you block the bit you have on the needles? That might give you a better idea of what the shawl will look like when it grows up.