Thursday, May 27, 2010

Free Triinu

The green blob, a/k/a the Triinu scarf from "Knitted Lace of Estonia" is off the needles. I'm pretty sure there was not enough yarn for another whole repeat.

I think this project looks worse in the pre-blocked stage than any other I've ever knitted.

I used Classic Elite's Silky Alpaca Lace and, while knitting, it felt a little crispy to me. I tried to think back to the last time I used it. I knew I was pleased with the final outcome of that.

I made myself go ahead and use the dreaded blocking wires and get it blocked out last evening. What a difference! I think I'm going to be pleased. I'll leave it up most of the day, even though it is certainly DRY already.

This morning, I pulled out some yarn and dithered a few minutes choosing a new project. Choice is made and I am SO excited. I can hardly wait to start the next thing.

Long weekend. The promise of time.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see what's next up on the needles!

minipurl said...

It looks yummy!!!!!!!

kaylace said...

Okay,
I want to see it blocked and why are you keeping us in suspenders...what is next???