Thursday, January 31, 2008

The crawl, uh, I mean the shawl

I was just telling Mary, my lonely reader and blog friend, that I am beginning to relax into my chart and I am really enjoying the knitting of this Arctic Diamond shawl - even if the pace is crawling along. I still have to refer to the chart for every right-side row, but that's no problem.

I just use my "Patented Hatch Mark System" to keep up with my progress. A little tick mark beside the line number to show it has been completed. A little, gentle reminder via Post-It note when it is put away.

I've gotten quite a bit of wear out of my shawls this week. As of today I've worn three different ones to work: the Kimono shawl, the Alpine from VLT, and a Swallowtail. The weather hasn't been that cold this week and the shawls have provided just enough warmth around my shoulders and neck. And you know? I think I feel taller in shawl!

(You can see a bit of my new, red string there in the background. More Valentine fun.)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so glad that you're wearing your beautiful shawls!