Friday, February 1, 2008

A little red thread for a change


The first day of the month at work. Financial reports to prepare and everybody seems to want something. Thank goodness I could come home and play with a little string!

I'm in love with this new string. It's cheap crochet thread - Coats & Clark "Royale" Gemini double strand color 0446 burgundy and victory red; very Valentine-y.

I started off making little drawstring bags thinking I could fill them with some candies. I used, once again, Susan's felted gift bag pattern (without the felting, of course). I can't get to it from her current blog. Luckily I had saved a link in my Favorites to her previous blog. You can see one of mine standing up there in the background awaiting the draw cord. I forgot to make the cord before casting on for the next plaything which is a lace edging.

What do I intend to DO with this lace edging? I have no idea. It's the hem of the lace linen tank from the Spring/Summer 2007 Vogue Knitting. I don't have enough experience to know how this thread might work for this pattern (which calls for Euroflax linen). My guess is that it would be heavy, probably not launder well and possibly bleed in the wash. I only have one ball of the thread and that couldn't possibly be enough. Mostly I'm just knitting it because I wanted to see how it would look and find it relaxing. Works for me.

No comments: