Thursday, January 24, 2008

A little Quaker heart


The other day while looking for something (and, incidentally, this is how I spend a good portion of each day: looking for something), I ran across a couple of patterns for Valentine's Day projects that I had pulled out while looking for something else a month or so before. [see how that works?]
Luckily they had not worked their way down too far in The Pile only to be rediscovered after 2/14! So I started to work on one and stitched a little Quaker heart. I stitched it over one thread so it would be fairly small. That's a dime there beside it. I think I'll probably make it into either a scissor fob or a little pinkeep and give it away as a Valentine.
But that's finishing work. Ugh. Finishing. Why is finishing never as much fun as doing?
"There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on"
Robert Byrne

2 comments:

Mary said...

I notice the little robin embroidery in the picture. Did you do that? Very pretty to look at on this gray day! Is it a pin cushion?

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I can't believe the lamby smocking was for the Mini! I am so in love (and the only reason I am leaving you a comment and not emailing you is that I've got your email address in my mailer's autofill and not in the address book so I am not 100% positive that the address I have is really you but I am sure that your blog is really you - I don't know who else it could be in my autofill but you can't be too careful). Please oh please write me (emily at yarnmiracle dot com) so I can thank you more properly. :D