Friday, June 10, 2011

When it is this hot...


...pretend you are in Norway!

That's what I do.

Knitting seems to be in a mess around here just now. The green stole is further along, but parked for the time being. I did finish knitting the first hank. I do like it. Honest. I just don't particularly enjoying knitting on it. I'm afraid Dorothy Reade was WAY more fond of knitting through the back loop than I am.

The Brea Bag? The knitting is almost finished on that one. The fun front and back is all done, but I'm having a devil of a time keeping track on that Moss Stitch on the gusset. Should be simple, I know, but I can't tell you how many times I've flubbed up and had to tink back. Why hurry when being done with the knitting means I'll need to sew a lining and shop for a handle? Shop! I'm not a good shopper. Especially in this heat.

Sorry. Did I already mention it is HOT?

I decided what I needed was a sock. Small, portable, with enough of a pattern to keep me interested and motivated, but not so much that my poor, tired, HOT brain would explode.

So I pulled out some Norwegian yarn - Silja - that I've had for years. I actually bought this before I could knit socks but knew I wanted to knit them. Saturday, February 21, 2004 at 10:37 am. No my memory isn't that good, but I did keep the receipt. : )

I remember buying this yarn after repeatedly looking at and reading the pattern for a pair of anklets in "Homespun Handknit". Since that long ago Saturday, Interweave has released the "All New Homespun Handknit". Until writing this post, I thought the new book was just a re-release of the old one, but I see now that the new one has completely different patterns. Browsing through them on Ravelry, I think I like the old one better. But then I am a bit grumpy because it is so HOT.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Keep cool! What pattern will you be using?

Mimi said...

Take heart....the weatherman says a cold front is passing through. It will only be in the upper 80s/low 90s for a few days. (That still sounds hot to me.)