Friday, February 25, 2011

Not everything makes sense


Profound, huh?

I have been knitting away on the Moody Blues project; enjoying the yarn, happy with the pattern, but just not quite satisfied. Stopping every few rows to poke around Ravelry at either random other wonderful projects or things I've had my eye on for some time.

I tried to tell myself not to start anything new, but I finally caved today because I knew. I KNEW what would make me happy.


So there you see the start of a new EAC project. A project that uses the exact SAME stitches as the Moody Blues project. No new fancy stitches. No exotic yarn. So what makes the difference? I have NO idea. I just know that nothing (and I do mean NO THING) ever is as soothing and satisfying for me to knit than an Evelyn A. Clark pattern.

Is there any ONE thing that works like that for you?

"And all the loveliest things there be come simply, or so it seems to me."
Edna St. Vincent Millay

3 comments:

trailbee said...

I began an EAC shawl two years ago, and it is half done. I used Lang's sock Jawolle because I was learning how to knit lace. I have not gone forward, nor have I ripped it out. It is just sitting next to my chair, in limbo. By contrast, I was really scared to start the Triinu scarf, futzed around on YouTube to make sure I had everything right, was overwhelmed by the thought of 29 repeats, PLUS working a provisional cast on at the end of the entire scarf, what if I did the whole thing wrong & put in all that work?) and just loved doing it. I think all those EAC sectional repeats have me in a dither, and yet I would gladly rip out the practice Swallowtail and work with the yarn I actually bought for it. Don't know what's stopping me, but now that I see you doing this, I might just be motivated to start the Swallowtail again. You are inspiring. Thank you.

Sheri said...

I used to think any type of lace was my "thing" but now I don't really know what it is. I think it's just knitting in general. Keeps me sorta sane?
That's going to be beautiful. I love white, and have never made anything white. hmmm, odd.
HAPPY WEEKEND!

minipurl said...

I am an EAC failure. The nupps got me.
I will try again someday. Really, I will.