Friday, January 9, 2009

Who's That Girl?

Recognize that girl? Perhaps because she's so familiar to me (and because I know what I'm stitching!), I can see her already even though there is much left to be stitched.

This is my current project and is not completely of my own choosing. The small EGA stitch-in group that I go to has selected Love Quilts as our service project and we are each doing a square to be assembled by others into a quilt.

This is not an ideal time for me to take on a project with a deadline, but I'm trying to get it done by next month. It would have been much easier, of course, if I had selected a design requiring fewer colors! But this one definitely said 'love' to me.

If you haven't recognized her, here's a hint, she's soft, and lovable and has a red heart embroidered on her chest that say's LOVE. Seemed just right for this project. She has been recreated by many but was imagined and created by Johnny Gruelle.

It is the Gruelle ideal that books for children should contain nothing to cause fright, suggest fear, glorify mischief, excuse malice or condone cruelty. That is why they are called "Books Good For Children".

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I know, I know! It's Raggedy Anne! I have always loved her, and Andy of course, and have the pattern to sew one, someday. My Mom has made a pair too. So, so cute.
Lovely weather we're having too. 70's today. The Baby Girl is freezing up there where the snow is flying. :o)
Happy Stitching,
Sheri