Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out of Jail - FREE


It has only been 11 days of stitching but I have to tell you that I am very happy to see the end of this project.

I realize now more than ever that I generally work with several things in the pipeline for a reason and, while I usually work steadily on one primary project, I have others that work in and out of the queue to help relieve boredom and frustration. And, more importantly, I seldom work on a deadline.

This cross stitch project needed to be complete by the next EGA stitch-in meeting in early February, so I pretty much worked only on it and tried to get as much done with each sitting as possible to make sure I'd get it done.

I was also using, for the first time, stretcher bars to hold the fabric taut. I've said more than once that I dislike hoops. Well stretcher bars are worse. I ended up calling it the rack because to me it was indeed a torture device!

I think I'll read now, maybe do a few cartwheels in the yard, and then contemplate which relaxing knitting project to work on next as a reward.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It's very sweet.
Happy Cartwheeling!