Monday, January 12, 2009

another baby cap


Lots of little babies expected around work, the first of which just arrived so I quickly knit up a Vine Lace hat. This is my favorite quick project. 4 rows, 2 of which are knit only. It practically flies off the needles.

Pattern: Vine Lace Baby Hat
at Interweave's Knitting Daily
Yarn: Sublime baby cashmerino silk dk
75% extrafine merino/20% silk/ 5% cashmere
color: 0002 "cuddle"; about 1/2 ball

Needles: size 3 Susan Bates cheapy Silvalume

"a child is born only once, but a grandparent is reborn with each new grandchild."
-Arthur Kornhaber

1 comment:

Sheri said...

That is adorable. My oldest just asked me to make something for a friend who's expecting in February. But she asked for an afghan. Think I'll make a hat!
Turning cold down here in the southern parts. Try to stay warm, I know it'll be really, really cold up there!
Sheri