Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Blob ends; a blob begins



The Green Mountain Swallowtail has been knitted and its dressing awaits. I like the term that Myrna Stahman uses for shawls. She prefers the term 'dressing' instead of 'blocking'. According to Myrna (may I call you by your first name?), " 'Dressing' is a gentle process, such as the dressing of a baby."


Sounds nice, doesn't it? Perhaps I'll have time this afternoon to dress my shawl. It should certainly dry quickly as temps are still depressingly HOT here.

What next on the needles? How about some silk stockings?

I bought two balls of Regia Silk sock yarn yesterday and have plans to knit Ellen's Stockings from Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia. And as usual, at the outset of a project, I have high hopes that these will turn out just beautifully.
Experience, you see, has taught me nothing!

No comments: