Saturday, July 23, 2011

You've Got a Friend in Me

I've asked a couple of my friends to help me hold up the first part of my weekend project. Aren't they doing a fine job!

Weekend project? Wondering what happened to the wonderful Estonian pattern?

I had unexpected car repairs on Friday afternoon but had the Estonian knitting with me. What good company it was. I opted for the smaller lounge just off the showroom. Fewer people are usually there. Fewer people = fewer cell phone talkers and a quieter atmosphere all around. I was especially lucky and had the place all to myself. Bliss. As a result, I have almost finished the whole first skein of white yarn.

Rather than sitting and winding up the second skein, I decided to try out something completely different. I'm using some leftover from previous projects to make a little Poochie Pup Sock Critter. Woody* and Bullseye assisted me once I got the legs done.

The pattern is free at Lion Brand, but you have to register to access their pattern library. No biggie. Here's the LB photo. The pattern calls for their Wool-Ease worsted on size 5 needles. I often like small scale things better so I'm trying it with sock yarn leftovers on size 1s.

Theirs is 9-1/2" tall and mine is just 6". Mine is also currently arm-less, ear-less, and face-less. So far a nice little pattern, but check back after I've SEWN on the arms and ears and attempted embroidered features - two steps that can turn ugly in a hurry.



*Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you.....ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.

3 comments:

Yesterukes said...

Love it!

Sheri said...

How cute! My grandson is nuts over Woody. I'll have to show him your picture of Woody holding up a leg.
Stay cool! It's only 55 and rainy in Alaska today.

minipurl said...

Reading your posts from newest on back, so I've admired the finished doggy, and am lapping up the details now :)