Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Certainly Can Can-Can

Well this was FUN, quick, and satisfying.


Bottom is 3"in diameter and it stands about 5" tall. I used size 6 dpns and didn't even finish up that ball you saw yesterday.



Since it is too dang HOT to fill with chocolates -especially as the photo was taken outside - it held a little can of mandarin oranges for the photo, but I think, filled with chocolate truffles, it would make a nice little giftie.


The beaded picot cast on was from the free pattern, Katharine's Bag [Ravelry link].


With that start you wind up with 45 stitches (using 15 beads). As I mentioned yesterday, as soon as I got the cast on completed and read the next part of the pattern, I realized it was not knit in the round so I dropped that pattern like a HOT potato, joined in the round, knit a few rounds and increased 3 stitches to get 48. From that point on I followed the directions from a long ago post of Susan Lawrence. [from the Dec. 2005 archives of her former "I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can" blog].


I've used her directions several times, always with good success, but I have yet to make a felted bag as she shows in these posts. I need to try that sometime. Heck, in this weather I could probably felt it as I knit!



We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave

The temperature's rising, it isn't surprising, She certainly can can-can

[Irving Berlin - 1938]

3 comments:

Mary said...

Cute! The beads give the bag that little bit of specialness.

Sheri said...

Very nice! And with "bling." It's too hot to do much of anything, so, I don't do anything!
120 was the heat index today on Hilton Head. Never heard of it being too hot to even be sitting on the beach. Uh! Bring on Winter!!!!!

Mimi said...

Just let me call you speedy! Love the little bag.

Granddaughter is headed to Hilton Head today with her other grandparents. Hope it's cooler for the rest of the week!