Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valdani Valentine


Still on the heart kick over here. I decided to go ahead and try the Valdani pearl cotton - color M43 size 12. Such beautiful colors over there. Every time I link, I have to linger and look them all over again.

I came out very lucky on this one. I had just barely enough thread still on the shuttle to complete the last ring. Whew!

This pattern is from a free tear sheet at the Lizbeth thread display at a local store, also available online here.

The online pattern does not give the following information found on the tear sheet: Tatted heart was adapted by Barbara Foster from a design by Mrs. J. M. Blackman, appearing in Modern Pricilla magazine in 1917.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Another lovely heart!

Sheri said...

I know you didn't ask for my "idea" on these beautiful tatting appliques you're making, but, I had a "light bulb moment while nursing my stuffy head, sore throat and all that mess. See the cute bag on your door knob? Why not make another little bag and sew that little heart to it? Wow, adorable, and I'd be first in line to buy one. Just saying. :o) Just beautiful!
Sheri