Monday, November 3, 2008

Got Nupps?


It is slow going for me on the Estonian shawl but I can hardly complain when I am absolutely in LOVE with it.

It's my first time using Lacey Lamb and I don't want to ever knit with anything else. When I'm not inching my way across another row, I'm online looking at the other colors.
But as I mused to Mary, would it be such a bad thing to only wear RED lace forever? There are certainly worse eccentricities.
I still can't seem to get the idea of the construction of this shawl through to my brain. I have it really upside down in the picture. The pointy edge that I sort of pinned out is the top edge - the long wingspan edge and I'm knitting down to the center point in back.
I am in LOVE so far but there are many, many more nupps to go. I don't look at the charts yet to work and I certainly don't allow my eyes to land on that scary sewing illustration for the separate edging that gets attached around the curved edge. Yikes.
LOVE, remember, is blind.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my! That is beautiful!