Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Piecework Pincushions



I've said it before: I love Piecework magazine. I love every issue and am constantly pulling out back issues and re-reading. One of the best things about finally learning to knit is being able to go back and consider patterns that, at the time I received the magazine, were completely outside my ability - even to think about doing.

I think I love best all the background information and history presented with the articles.

I was very lucky several years ago to get an honorable mention in a previous pincushion challenge. This year mine didn't make the cut. But I can't be upset because the winning entries are just absolutely fabulous; so clever in conception and so perfect in technique. I can hardly wait for the issue to arrive that showcases them all. Congratulations to all the talented winners!

See them here.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your pincushion still looks like a winner to me!