Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Friend, Indeed



Today was a vacation day. I didn't go far - in distance, but I feel quite renewed.

Today my friend, Kay, and I got together for lunch and to visit a few shops in a town not too far away.

The yarn shop was nice, but nothing tempted me. "Stash" tends to make me uneasy anyway. I'm much happier purchasing something for a specific project. But next door was a bead shop and we had a very nice time talking and slowly examining all the little cups of beads. Kay was picking some out for a tote bag exchange she'll be doing later in her TreadleOn group.

I bought a cute little penguin bead and some leather cord and made a book thong. [click to enlarge the picture to admire that little penguin!]

I also got a couple of tubes of matte brown square beads. I'm thinking of maybe using them on my next Estonian Garden and substituting beads for the nupps as Evelyn mentions. Just one small matter.......I have no idea where I put that pattern. Grrgh.

Kay is currently blogless but very talented and a very productive quilter. She is, more importantly, one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I have ever met.

"To the soul there is hardly anything more healing than friendship." Thomas Moore (1779-1852)

No comments: