Sunday, April 24, 2011

On Easter Day

Peace be with you at Easter
This holy day of days,
When every flower and living thing
Gives unto him the praise.


I retyped the verse in case you have trouble reading from the original. I darkened the scan, but still it seemed a bit faint.

Still a lovely, lovely card, I think.

and the reverse side:













Postmarked March 30. 1923 as best I can tell. Easter in 1923 was April 1 so that would make sense. Just the briefest of greetings from Florence in Rochester, NY to the Lekoys in Johnsonburg, PA

You'll have to look closely to see the faint pencil notation (below Florence's message)
"ans" indicating her postcard was acknowledged. Love that part.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I do love your old postcards. And I love your Deep Peace Scarf. Beautiful color.
Happy Easter!

Mimi said...

You're right, it IS a lovely card.

Yesterukes said...

Looking at this again...wonder if the name was "LeRoy?" That was my maiden name, so when I looked at it, that's the first thing I saw. Kind of programmed in my brain.

minipurl said...

:)