Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FOur!

Four bootees for four little feet that, thankfully, have not yet arrived. They need more time to grow and develop. (Much like I, as knitter, do!)

This really is a very quick and sweet pattern. I would never have thought I'd one day be knitting bootees. I'm still not sure I'm overly fond of the idea on the whole, but I had so much fun knitting them, that they may grow on me.

I think I might like them better in a soft cream yarn. The pink was purchased specifically for this project and no cream was available. The red, also Baby Cashmerino, was leftover from another project. I thought it best to do them not matching.


"Animal crackers and cocoa to drink,
That is the finest of suppers I think;
When I'm grown up and can have what I please
I think I shall always insist upon these."
Christopher Morley (1890-1957)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Double the cuteness! And what a sweet quote.