Monday, May 12, 2008

Shawl Storage



How do you store your hand knit lace shawls?


Here's part of my current solution - Candy Boxes.

The upside of this, of course, is that first you need to 'empty' the containers. If you are overwhelmed with the idea, it is usually easy to find willing helpers. : )


I started with the two old Whitman's Sampler tins. Alpine Lace and Artic Diamonds spend the off season here.


Friday I found the clear Ferrero Rocher crystal plastic box in the office breakroom, and grabbed it before it could be tossed out. It has the added advantage of being see-through. Now that's a good reason to eat chocolate!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Good idea and a pretty one too!

otoƱo said...

Thanks you,i like your visit in my blog.Bye.Olga.

Sheri said...

What a great idea! Mine are everywhere; on the back of the rocker, hung over the TV cabinet door, over my office chair, over a chair in the sunroom. Never thought of storing them away. I'm a visual person, I like seeing everything. Guess that's why my house is driving me crazy, too much knitting paraphernalia!
Sheri